The White Rock Theatre

The original East Sussex Hospital was replaced by the White Rock Pavilion, a beautifully designed theatre which was officially opened in April 1927 by Edward, Prince of Wales. It was built for the Hastings Municipal Orchestra and soon became a very popular venue for concerts and summer shows such as the 'Fol-de-Rols' and 'Twinkle'. In 1937 it underwent a further re-modification to change it to the Theatre style venue it is today. The Pavilion was refurbished again in 1985 and renamed the White Rock Theatre.


Address: White Rock Theatre, White Rock,Hastings,East Sussex,TN34 1JX
Telephone: 01424.462280